Position: Technician – Sign writer
Company: Nakilat Keppel Offshore Marine
Job Summary and Purpose:
Carry out the signwriter works in the fabrication, painting and designing of signs. as per the work instructions / directive of supervisor in order to meet clients’ and yard’s requirements for timely delivery of projects.
1. Perform job-related activities such as constructing and fabricating signs, designing of signs according to necessary size and letter specification as per the approved drawing ,installation of signs in a variety of locations, painting of signs, selecting materials to use for the construction of signs, working in different materials ranging, paints and finishes in line with defined standard operating procedures and quality standards.
2. Maintain housekeeping of work place to required standards.
3. Ensure appropriate use of tools and machinery, preventing excessive wear and tear and breakdowns.
4. Prevent wastage of materials and consumables and report any malfunction of tools and machinery to immediate supervisor
5. Takes initiative to pursue self-development through on-job-training/education.
6. Follow the day-to-day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work
7. Comply with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
8. Perform other related duties or assignments as directed by supervisor
Key Result Areas
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Cherry picker & man lift operator
• Trade Apprenticeship / Secondary school
• Vocational training related to signwriting
• A Minimum of 3 years experience as Signwriter
• 3 years minimum experience.
Job Specific Competencies:
• Working knowledge of English language
• Technical Competencies
• Knowledge and experience in Ship yard or a similar facility.
• Knowledge in drawing interpretation.
• Practical knowledge of spray Painting specification & Classification of paints.
• Team Oriented and Listening skills. Attentive and punctual.