Sustainability ArchitectJob Description
In this role, you have the opportunitytoensure that the Business Unit DXRproducts are designed, manufactured, supplied, installed, serviced and recycled according to the Philips sustainability policy and ensures that BUDXRproducts comply with regulatory requirements related to sustainability. Quality & Regulatory of Business Line Systems in Best is a supporting group providing services for theDXRSystems and related groups of the site. These services relate to Quality management, Regulatory management and Sustainability management. Major drivers are to ensure timely market clearance for all DXRproducts based on compliance to all applicable safety and legal standards and certified quality and environmental -managementsystems.
You are responsible for
- Acting within and advising on the BUDXR sustainability Mission, Vision and Strategy by supports the process owner to establish the sustainability processes, procedures, work instructions and forms
- Defining and maintaining the BUDXR sustainability product roadmap to implement the Philips Sustainability policy (such as circular economics, ECO design, environmental design, etc.) and the regulatory sustainability requirements. Align this roadmap with all relevant stakeholders (e.g. Development, Procurement etc.).
- Informing / Reporting out Sustainability progress to management and Philips Sustainability Office (example: Philips Restricted Substance list progress sheet).
- Supporting designers, test engineers and suppliers (via Procurement) to implement and verify the sustainability requirements by giving guidance, including ECO and recycling passports (WEEE).
- Supporting the monitoring and tracking of sustainability indicators, such as energy usage, natural resource usage, waste generation, and recycling.
- Analyzing the impact on changes of regulation requirements and Philips policy & regulations with respect to product, process and competences and setup an implementation plan. This implementation plan is aligned with all relevant stakeholders.
- Performing assessments both internally in BUDXR and at suppliers to demonstrate compliancy with Philips Policies and Regulations.
- Representing the BUDXRin the Philips Sustainability Officec.q. networks. In this office, the sustainability lead will contribute in maintaining the Philips policies (including reflecting regulation changes) and deploy these to BUDXR. Further the sustainability Engineer will exchange experiences and share best practices with his/her peers.
- Responsible for Requirements, in accordance with the higher level architectural Requirements
- Ensures that there is proper documentationfor the templates, procedures etc…
- Ensures thathis designmodulesmeet the product certification requirements
- Is abreast of / participates instandards identification responsible forsustainability domain
- Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with country specificregulations
You are a part of
Diagnostic X-Ray R&D team. Philips HIC, Pune is playing a key role in Philips global strategy for DXR. With Philips HIC, the foundation was laid to touch billions of lives and reiterate Philips commitment towards Indian and growth healthcare markets.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in environmental sciences, Engineering or Physical Science
- Minimum of10years of relevant work experience in sustainability(background and experience in highly regulated environment is a prerequisite)
- Familiar with national and international regulations such as: ISO 14001, RoHS II and RoHS III, REACH(required)
- Knowledge and understanding of FDA, ISO, and MDD/EU MDR regulations as applicable to Sustainability Management, QMS Management, Design Control, Auditing and CAPA(required)
- Knowledge and experience withBOMcheck, PLM systems and MS tools (e.g. MS Excel)
- You have affinity and experience with working with different cultures and in aninternational,multidisciplinaryenvironment
- You are a team player, flexible and you are able to work independently
- Be structured,self-organized and Excellent communication skills
- Team player, leadership skills and drive for results
- Quality mindset in design and documentation
In return, we offer you
A chance to serve a bigger purpose. At Philips, our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2030, and every day, we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients drive us. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs. Our business provides unique opportunities to develop innovative enterprise software solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space and this new position is a unique opportunity to shape the next generation solutions we are developing.
Why should you join Philips
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the on our career website, where you can read stories from our . Once there, you can also learn about our , or find answers to some of the .
If you forgot your password, you can click the button on the Sign In screen to reset it.