Job Description :
Amazon is seeking a creative, thoughtful and customer-obsessed senior user experience designer to help us define the future of Payments Experience in India.
Your primary focus will be to create elegant and customer-focused designs that provide a superior payment experience working in close collaboration with business, product, technology, and design teams across locations.
You will get the opportunity to own comprehensive end-to-end experiences, work across Amazon services and infrastructure yet provide locally relevant presentations of expansive content and functionality. The job requires you to completely understand Indian consumers and their online behavior and create new or modify existing Amazon experience to suit their need.
· Design a superior payment experience.
· Define and achieve holistic product objectives.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams like product managers, developers, and designers.
· Develop and provide thought leadership in the payment experiences across devices.
· Leverage available insights like market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
· Advocate for the customer and user-centered design in a corporate environment.
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes.
· Communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
· Develop and maintain effective specifications and design patterns.
· Provide mentorship for designers and interns.
Basic Qualifications :
· At least 7 years of work experience in Interface Design, Interaction Design, or Information Architecture.
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions.
· An innate capacity for creating engaging, highly usable designs and layouts.
· Experience with designing end-user, web-based applications.
· Fluency in best practices for Information Architecture and Interaction Design.
· Ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative environment.
· The ability to provide detailed specifications and/or optimized HTML and CSS prototypes for our Developers and Engineers to work from.
· A general understanding of how Design impacts Development (and vice versa), along with a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible/prudent
· A strong awareness of common usability methods and principles.
· A lucid sense for how individual components and features impact their larger applications, and how to optimize accordingly.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
· Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
· A clean sense of design aesthetics, and a natural propensity towards simplification over complication.
· An aptitude and honed intuition for tasteful, visual design details.
Preferred Qualifications :
· Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
· Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating beautiful and user-friendly websites, mobile apps and consumer-facing features.
· Experience working with agile development teams (agile/scrum/kanban).
· Web-based or mobile application visual design in a global context.
· Experience creating style guides, pattern libraries, and other design solutions that drive design across large organizations.
· Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills; demonstrated success in building buy-in for an innovative, bold, strategic vision.
· Ability to track, document and base UX decisions backed by both qualitative and quantitative data.
· Experience in driving and educating UX best practices with the larger team.
Job Description :