Streaming Telemetry enables unprecedented levels of visibility into the network and transforms network monitoring into a big-data problem. It opens up new capabilities like near real time traffic engineering, fault detection/prediction and automated remediation. Crosswork Automation team’s mission is to harness the big data platforms and tools available today to transform network data into network intelligence and address key customer pain points by enabling Network Change Automation and KPI monitoring. The rollout of 5G infrastructure for the SPs in a large scale would leverage this infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
The ideal candidate will play a key role on next generation Service Provider Crosswork Infrastructure team, as a Software QA Engineer, working in a startup like fast pace environment, developing and testing Cisco’s Crosswork Infrastructure Software/Solution with high scalability, performance, openess/extensibility and quality. The successful candidate will have a critical role in developing API/UI test case automation and libraries. Additional responsibilities include collaborating with cross-functional teams, developing test plans, setting up test environment similar to customers, executing tests, debugging test failures, reporting test results etc. Innovation, thinking outside the box and challenging the status quo are highly desired.
Who You’ll Work With
Is coding and automation not just your hobby but also your passion Does your curiosity lead you to find software issues Does the thought of building a containerized system excite you Do you read and learn about new technology for fun If so, you will fit right in. You will also –
· Work with developers during functional specification and design reviews to develop detailed test plans, tools, and utilities
· Design, install and maintain test beds, test topologies based on customer deployment models.
· Perform functional, scale, performance and regression tests on ongoing releases.
· Develop, automate test cases and submit them for daily regression
· Assist development engineers in product defect diagnosis.
· Work with sustaining, support and service teams to recreate/identify unique customer problems and assist with resolution.
Who You Are
You are someone with strong technical skills, excellent team player, excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer and quality focused, able to drive solutions from product requirements, self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to meet or beat schedule requirements with good track records.
- BS degree in CS/EE/CE or technical equivalent
- 11+ years of work experience in software testing
- Proven test automation and productization experience
- Proficiency in Python or Java
- Validated ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and languages.
- Networking protocol Experience is must .(L2/l3)
· Understanding of Dockers/Microservices and/or Kubernetes
· Work experience with any of the test automation framework
· Understanding of UI Automation concepts
· Understanding of REST APIs and related automation
· Experience in version control tools like git/gerrit
· Knowledge of network management tools and practices
· Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.