Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting fast-growing teams in Microsoft Then look at the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection DevOps & Service Reliability Engineering team. You will be building cloud solutions meeting scales that few companies in the industry are required to support, that leverage state of the art technologies to deliver holistic protection to a user base of 10’s of thousands of States level organizations, enterprises and businesses around the globe.
The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection team is responsible for delivering a constantly evolving set of services and solutions to meet the challenging landscape of our ever evolving attackers. The Services Reliability & DevOps Engineering team provides leadership, direction and accountability for application architecture, Cloud design, Infrastructures development and end to end implementation. You will independently determine and develop architectural approaches and Infrastructure solutions, conduct business reviews, and operate our production services. Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are highly stable and performant and meet the expectations of internal and external customers and users.
- coding experience c#, python or other equivalent programing languages, can be through internships parallel to the studies
- strong analytical and problem solving and organizational skills excellent written and oral communication skills
- ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- leadership skills: sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills.
- feedback/metrics collection techniques to expose live site/service issues
- support a 24×7 live site support model for the services team owns
preferred experiences and technologies:
- linux and windows hands on system experiences
- kubernetes, prometheus, istio, service fabric, containers
- azure dev ops (ado)
- mastering cicd concepts and hands on implementations experiences, specifically git
- data mining or data science experiences utilizing big data andor relational data bases technologies
if you are highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottoms-up, fast paced, highly technical environment you have a strong customer focus and understand the importance of live site demonstrated ability to establish and manage relationships across organizational boundaries. proven experience dealing with large scale data architecture, operational architecture and or network architecture proven experience creating distributed systems tools of moderate to high complexity.