We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of the Group%26rsquo;s business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Responsible for executing and supervising project requirements, analysis and devising business solution, and documentation and implementation of same.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Meet appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with business, project, system partners and vendor.
- Ensure ongoing training and development of the skills required for the role are updated.
- The ability to interpret the project%26rsquo;s related risks, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group%26rsquo;s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the projects assigned to you to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank%26rsquo;s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to all OCC and Fed reserve requirements
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent) (Not applicable)
- Cash and Clearing delivery heads
- Business Product Teams
- Cash Operations Teams
- Technical Support teams
- External Software Vendors
Our Ideal Candidate
- A very good knowledge in clearing channels (FED, CHIPS, NACHA, SWIFT, SEPA, Target, CHAPS, UK Faster Payments, BACS, BOJnet, UK clearing, CHAPS connection protocols as well as message formatting
- Deep knowledge of system interfacing and integration and technical processes for wire transfer, inputs and outputs
- Hold sound understanding of IT technology concepts and software architectures, MS products, development tools, etc. This person does not need to have deep technical knowledge, but good technical understanding will facilitate the resolution of many issues.
- Thorough understanding of project management principles and processes
- Extensive product and program management experience with techniques such as use case analysis, data / process flow diagramming, process mapping and requirements documentation is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of payment system functionality (ideally the ACI Worldwide MTS system), particularly as they relate to FI %26amp; Correspondent Banking.
- Subject matter expertise in MTS instances (US/DE/JP/UK) and internal/external interfaces
- Business expert for MTS. Thorough knowledge of core application and peripheral systems
- Good knowledge of RGW %26amp; ACE pelican systems. Ability to run RGW reports and good understanding of ACE Business Rules
- Good knowledge of MTS interactive and batch outputs. Knowledge of IFML and how it interacts with Sanction Screening system. Good understanding of MTS interfaces techniques to send feed files to Bank%26rsquo;s internal applications like POSTING system, Pricing and Billing System, Inquiry Portal, Trade .
- Fluency in JIRA and confluence
- Knowledge of FX processing.
- Good understanding of EOD file formats, biglog %26amp; other files derived from biglog for Detica/Mantras.
- Understanding of MTS accounting interface formats, MPA and MFE.
- UNIX Command Level knowledge as it relates to MTS functions is highly desirable.
- Familiarity of new Development Strategies and trends like AGILE framework. Scrum methodologies etc. and ability to plan for change which defines Bank%26rsquo;s future policies.
- Understanding of SQL and data driven tools like Tableau, Jasper would be an added advantage.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.