Job Description :
• Monitor the organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occur
• Design, implement and maintain the organizations cyber security plan including performing regular penetration testing
• Ensure regular release and emergency security patch management enterprise wide
• Develop and direct implementation of security standards and best practices for the organization
• Direct the installation, management and use of security tools (e.g. firewalls, data encryption, desktop security, server advanced security, anti-malware, ransomware and DNS filtering) Monitor and manage tools and reporting daily.
• Research the latest information technology security trends and recommend security enhancements to the IT Director and CIO.
• Works with other functional departments within Information Technology (Development, Project Management, Operations) and other organizational business units to ensure employees know of cybersecurity issues, are trained in cybersecurity practices, are practicing safe/secure data collection, transfers and storage and use of social media, mobile devices and apps among others.
• Assist computer technicians and end users when they must install or learn about new security products and/or procedures
• Act as a subject matter expert on all aspects of electronic information security
• Ensure that IT security audits are conducted on a regular schedule or as needed
• Assisting the lead engineer as an alternate resource for storage area network (SAN) high availability cluster, including design, support, maintenance and ongoing management
Minimum 5 to 7 years of IT systems security experience
• Certification in Information Security (Security +, CISSP, CSSLP, CCFP, CISM, CISA, etc.) would be a nice to have (or) comparable work experience
• Experience with Windows Server and Linux Servers.
• Advanced experience with firewalls, data encryption, desktop and server security techniques
• Familiarity with compliance protocols associated with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), PCI compliance and security standards and acceptance and secure management of Personal Health Information (PHI)
• Working knowledge of flow charting and project management
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with staff at every level in every department are essential
Job Description :