SECTION II: ROLE SUMMARY
The role holder is responsible for achieving sales target through direct effort or through assigned relations (DST, DSA) for specific product. This is an individual contributor role wherein the role holder is responsible for assisting the Section Leader in increasing sales and revenue as defined.
SECTION III: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
Strategic/ Managerial Responsibilities
Market Assessment and Business Development
- Accountable for achieving sales target through Direct efforts or through assigned relationships (DST /DSA’s)
- Takes initiative to understand consumers, competition and current market conditions and help identify new business opportunities.
- Works towards maintaining and enhancing relationships with key customer accounts and prospective customers to ensure business continuity and growth under overall supervision of the Leaders
- Identifies new sales opportunities and leveraging a knowledge sector driven relationship approach to enhance sales and revenue generation through new and existing customers for achievement of established targets and objectives.
- Works closely with the Collections team in providing support for resolution of delinquent cases
- Works on providing timely resolution of all discrepancies raised during application processing
- Works on managing relationships to drive cross sell business through various initiatives across branches & channels.
- Works on identifying and acquiring of new client/ DST/ DSA relationships under the supervision of the leaders
- Maintains good relationships with the customers and responds to stated requirements of both internal/ external stakeholders by keeping a solution oriented mindset
Documentation and Compliance
- Completes all documentation and other requirements to ensure adherence to established guidelines and maintenance of highest quality standards of documentation, client communication, process compliance.
- Works in close coordination with relevant BUs to ensure smooth and quick turnaround of transactions as and when required
People Management or Self-Management Responsibilities
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year to the team and ensures that the goals are monitored and achieved during the course of the year
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the reporting manager and working towards bridging the gaps through various means which go beyond just training.
- Understands the competencies relevant to his/her role, and works towards displaying as well as developing these effectively.
- Keeps abreast of relevant professional/industry developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional networks.
Risk and Internal Control Responsibilities
- Follows risk policy and processes to mitigate the operational, regulatory, financial, informational, reputational and audit risks
- Executes the established internal control systems and compiles relevant information for departmental audits, as necessary.
SECTION IV: KEY INTERACTIONS
Key Internal InteractionsPurpose of Interaction
- For all product related queries & support required.
- For sharing suggestions gathered basis interaction with customers.
Key External InteractionsPurpose of Interaction
- For understanding the financial needs of the customer to provide suitable solutions and long term relationship management by driving cross sell initiatives
- For building and maintaining relationships and seek out new business opportunities
SECTION V: KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Written and spoken English is essential
Years of Experience
- Minimum of 3 to 6 years of work experience in relevant product
- Prior experience in Banking sector with decent knowledge of Retail Asset Products.
SECTION VI: COMPETENCIES & KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Core CompetenciesCompetency NameBehaviors
- Listens to and demonstrates an understanding of customers’ stated needs
- Delivers customer value through timely and quality execution
- Develops an understanding of problems and employs existing or new methods to find solutions
- Professional Entrepreneurship
- Takes proactive and constructive action at work with little or no direction from others
- Displays responsibility for problems, initiatives and tasks that lie within the domain of own role
- Seeks to understand the rationale for key decisions and understands implications for own role/ actions
- Displays a sense of urgency to deliver outcomes as per stated timelines
- Reacts to challenges by displaying an optimistic demeanor
- Uses simple persuasion techniques to achieve the desired result / action / commitment from others
- Responds to stated requirements of internal/ external stakeholders by keeping a solution oriented mindset
- Ensures adherence to quality standards in work/service delivery, identifies opportunities for improvement in routine course of work
- Adheres to laid down systems, procedures and identifies opportunities to enhance efficiency in own sphere of work through incremental improvement
Leadership CompetenciesCompetency NameBehaviors
- Knowledge of designated product
- Ability to understand customer behavior
- Understanding of competition products