Job Description :
This role is for an experienced Safety Specialist or Safety Engineer in Amazon Data Centre India Private Limited ( ADSIPL). The roles prime responsibility will be to support the safety operations for Data Centers in south region of India. You will be part of the India team that works with internal and external partners to maintain and enhance the safety of operations in India. Close collaboration with onsite physical security, vendors, compliance officers, risk management, and fire/life safety systems is required. Additionally, you will work with employees and contractors in India to achieve specific safety objectives.
The person must be an effective communicator, sending clear, concise and consistent messages verbally, in written form, and/or public speaking forums. This individual will advise, instruct and train ADSIPL personnel on safety policies and procedures, as well as assist the ADSIPL teams in incorporating and improving our safety standards at their sites.
This role will be responsible for continuing to enhance the safety of operations and support construction. Some travel is required.
· Implement safety standards, policies and practices
· Conduct training and risk assessments.
· Collaborate outside vendors (General Contractors, sub-contractors, Emergency Services) in India as they relate to operations and construction.
· Ensure compliance and implementation of global safety programs and local regulatory legislation.
· Develop safety plans for on-site emergencies, special events and other unique safety situations.
· Perform safety data analysis and create bench-marking.
· Ensure safety recordkeeping and provide accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
· Consult and work with compliance teams on safety regulations interpretations and investigations.
· Develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
· Adapt to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, strategy and deadlines.
· Able to work as part of a team and provide safety support to regions outside of base location when required.
· All other duties as assigned..
Basic Qualifications :
Basic Skills and Qualifications
· Minimum 4 to 5 years of field experience with a proven record of safety.
· Minimum college or university degree in a safety and health field or experience equivalent.
· Minimum 3 years experience working with safety regulations in India
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
· Construction, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, or similar industry safety experience with mix of full time employees and third-party contractors.
· Experience designing and implementing safety policy, processes and procedural documentation.
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
· Business written and verbal communications in Telagu and Hindi.
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Proficiency in English speaking and writing.
· Exhibit excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
· Able to manage up and escalate issues or concerns when required
· High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Description :