The Business Entity
The Core Software aGroup (CSG) develops software across the routing, switch and wireless platform portfolio at Cisco and is investing heavily to transform networking through cutting-edge solutions that will change the way IT is consumed. This means your work will transform our customers consumption of our systems from every angle.
Are you pushing the envelope Here you will be designing, implementing and empowering the next generation software stack for Cisco route, switch and wireless portfolio. You will work in a fast paced agile development team working with cutting edge software and tools to develop disruptive solutions with a focus on simplicity. Our team develops Network Software stack for Routing protocols, Manageability protocols and solutions interacting closely with Core OS and System and works in close collaboration with Platform development teams to enable the Software stack on the existing and future platforms.
This team owns the charter on common software for Routing protocols like BGP, OSPF, EVPN, SR, ISIS and LISP.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with a team of motivated A-players on the IOS-XE routing feature development team to Solve challenging problems on platforms that cover a $15B portfolio
- Impact the future of networking by developing disruptive game changing systems and software
- Anticipate and work closely with developers and marketing teams at various stages such as PRD, functional spec, design reviews to develop testplans, tools and utilities
- MSEE/CS combined with 6 years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 8+ yrs related experience.
- Good experience in feature level testing and system level understanding of access, edge, core routing platforms and software stacks
- Good understanding of networking protocols and different L2 to L7 technologies.
- Automation experience with Python or equivalent programming language
- Familiarity with the SW development cycle and software engineering
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Self-motivated and highly ambitious
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols (ex: TCP/IP, Multicast)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Linux and modern software tools and techniques for development/debugging
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.