Network Solutions Engineer
- To work for the Connectivity Delivery Center to ensure efficient delivery of the projects in Core Networks area.
- Work with Project Managers to create Low level design for the project by following engineering standards.
- Solutions Engineer is responsible for ensuring that any designs produced are in line with the current network architecture and infrastructure strategy documentation and are fit for purpose.
- Be responsible for end to end delivery of the Project tasks.
- Work with global teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Contribute to the management of risk to ensure;
- Compliance to regulatory and mandatory policies
- Audit findings and Issue Assurances are fully addressed
What will you be doing
- Takes full responsibility to ensure the infrastructure component strategy of complex, most critical and usually most costly components meet the business requirements within the clients budget.
- Contribute to the definition of infrastructure strategy and policy.
- Will assist the Lead Network Engineering Technologist to ensure that network infrastructure initiatives adhere to the roadmap.
- Working with designers, Project Service Architects and Architecture, Governance & Standards for input and to understand and influence changes in architectures policies and strategy.
What we’re looking for:
- Handling Cisco products like Routers, switches.
- Hands-on experience with F5 BIGIP load balancers
- Juniper, Checkpoint, Fortinet and Cisco ASA firewalls
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Preferred certifications:
- Cisco – CCIE/CCNP (R&S) certified
- Juniper – JNCIA
- Fortigate – FCNSA
- F5 – CTS-LTM, CTS-GTM
- Python, shell scripting
Where will you be working
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.