Job Description :
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our team in Chennai. The Operations Manager is accountable for the overall direction and operations of our Chennai Operations, creating a culture of customer obsession, high performance and high quality throughput. With operations managers and team managers as direct reports this role enables the achievement of service levels, performance & cost goals and successful program implementation.
You are responsible for the performance management, goal setting and career development of the line reports to ensure effective succession planning is in place.
You work in an ever-changing environment where every day brings ambiguously defined problems, new challenges and new opportunities.
You are able to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results-oriented work.
This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks, engagement with the Engineering team on driving Operations, partnering with the tool development team on enhancing the tool infrastructure needed for operations and cross team collaboration with the Program management teams. People Management, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
Delivery and Project Management
· Should constantly identify innovative ways of delivering results within the organization.
· Be a strategic thinker and extend the resources on activities beyond Operations.
· Should be able to deal with high level of ambiguity and be hands on transition manager and transition work from various stakeholders
· Develop robust metrics that communicate the performance of the group across multiple dimensions.
· Has the business perspective of senior management and align the organization to the same on an ongoing basis.
· Be agile and nimble to the demanding needs.
· Build scalability into the organization with higher impact in the overall release cycle.
· Ability to change the direction of operations and be able to influence at a broader level
Stakeholder and People Management
· Responsible for the overall pulse of the organization – Employees Pulse and Stakeholders Pulse.
· Ensure that there is a higher morale across the organization at various levels and better customer satisfaction levels.
· Reach out to all teams on forward looking growth path, projects and set the teams ready for the evolving changes. Work with support team like admin, facilities and IT to ensure other ancillary support is ready for growth and expansion.
· Bring in new business and Set processes, metrics and realistic expectations both internal and external facing.
· Build a strong management tier. Define goals for leaders and have clear and definite growth path at all levels.
· Should be able to negotiate for deadlines, influence stakeholders and demonstrate value.
· Ability to communicate business impact to all stake holders
· Drive continuous and long term improvement in quality and productivity. Be very strategic in approach and be able to come up with out of box ideas to drive the same.
· Should be able to challenge status quo and be ready to drive big changes by looking into the past data.
· Inculcate a culture of cross function, as scalability is key for the organization.
· Develop robust metrics that communicate the performance of the group across multiple dimensions to different stakeholders.
· Identify the key individuals in the organization and have contingency plans against attrition.
· Should be able to come up with business contingency plans for all time critical operations.
Basic Qualifications :
· 10 to 15 yrs in IT Industry with Program Management, Stakeholder and Process management with a BE/BTech/MCA/ME/MTech educational background (or) 7 to 8 yrs of total work experience with an MBA from a Tier I Business school primarily focusing on program management and project management.
· People, process and stakeholder management with business perspective are a must.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to work in an unstructured and evolving environment
· Good people manager who can manage and motivate direct reports and get the best out of them
· Very strong communication and metrics management experience required.
Preferred Qualifications :
10 to 15 yrs in IT Industry with Program Management, Stakeholder and Process management with a BE/BTech/MCA/ME/MTech educational background (or) 7 to 8 yrs of total work experience with an MBA from a Tier I Business school primarily focusing on program management and project management.
Job Description :