Position: Head of Inventory, Warehousing & Logistics
Section : Supply
Company : Nakilat
Location : Ras Laffan / Doha
Job Summary and Purpose
Lead the, Inventory, Warehousing and Logistics activities for the RL Shipyard Operations for all the business partners so as to ensure alignment with overall business objectives. As a subject matter expert, provide inputs to maximize profitability of services with RL supply chain operations. Develop inventory management strategies to deliver maximum value and manage the logistics activities for the organization within Qatar & internationally. Provide expert advice and support on tactical aspects of warehousing, inventory and logistics to try and minimize the exposure of the company to various risks.
1. Manage the inventory available in the warehouse in coordination of all relevant internal and external stakeholders and minimize dead stock through assiduous monitoring of inventory movement and regular discussions with end-users.
2. Lead and manage the Section by communicating the business agenda, setting the strategic context and providing guidance for the delivery of objectives.
3. Manage the material valued in excess of $50 million. This shall include overseeing and monitoring the process of recording receipts, issue of the material, storage and maintaining SAP data.
4. Improve warehouse activities such as optimization and utilization of high value assets. The incumbent shall also plan for future capacity and storage requirements for PSA and DSA’s.
5. Conduct process improvements in stock control systems and ensure accuracy in the maintenance of inventory.
6. Implement appropriate risk management measures to mitigate risk arising due to unavailability of material and logistics arrangements.
7. Manage the organization’s material and service codification team, ensuring consistency of process and supporting the contracts and purchasing activities.
8. Conduct operations in accordance with ISO9001-2008 based quality system and OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management requirements.
9. Establish processes and policies which are in line with the growing requirements of the business.
10. Implement strategies related to logistics and warehousing which are targeted towards maximization of revenue of the VSU by streamlining the processes.
11. Manger of the Pool Sharing Agreement as per the PSA legal documents
12. Decide on the annual performance targets to be achieved by the Section. The incumbent shall ensure that the efforts of the Section are directed towards achieving the targets.
13. Monitor the performance of team members. The incumbent shall be responsible for the development of the team members and also for increasing organizational capability and effectiveness.
Training and Development:
14. Select, recruit, train and familiarize the personnel of the Inventory, Warehousing & Logistics Section. The Head of Inventory, Warehousing & Logistics shall be entirely responsible for managing and mentoring a dynamic team of warehousing and logistics professionals.
15. Liaise with relevant internal departments and customers.
16. Build and maintain healthy relationships with new and existing suppliers.
17. Work with the line departments to streamline and optimize the processes to improve the efficiency of the section.
18. Conduct internal and external annual audits for the Inventory, Warehousing & Logistics Section in support of the company’s commitment to ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001 certification, TMSA requirements as well as internal control requirements and work closely with the SHEQ and internal audit to implement corrective actions, when identified, for the purpose of rectifying deviations that were identified during audits and modify processes to ensure compliance with the objectives of the company.
19. Streamline the existing section processes to optimize the cost, efficiencies and value with a direct impact on operating expenditure of the fleet operations, so as to maximize the revenue that is produced by the VSU.
20. Manage section staff by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
21. Ensure compliance to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures and controls across the section, to ensure that Nakilat provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Budgets and Plans:
22. Contribute to the development of the Supply department budget, through setting the Inventory, Warehousing & Logistics section budget, and monitor its expenditure, while ensuring the optimal utilization of all available resources to protect Nakilat’s interest.
Systems and Processes:
23. Participate in the development of the Supply department policies, procedures and system, and ensure their proper implementation to support the achievement of the different targets and plans listed in the Nakilat strategy.
24. Design procedures for Inventory & Warehouse Management of materials & equipment
25. Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
Key Result Areas
• Ensure revenue maximization by implementing relevant Supply Chain Management strategies in Ras Laffan Ship Yard
• Ensure compliance to ISO and other related regulations
• Decide on the annual performance targets to be achieved by the Section.
• Establish and maintain various logistics and warehousing policies according to the changing business environment
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Engineering or any other related discipline
• Recognized international certification in Supply Chain Management
• Master’s Degree preferred
• 8 to 12 years of related experience, out of which, 3 years should be in a management position in warehousing, inventory & logistics; preferably in the Maritime sector
• Previous experience of handling Enterprise Resourcing Systems ideally in SAP is essential
Job Specific Skills:
• Good knowledge of ISO9001-2008 based quality system and OHSAS 18001:2007
• Computer literate with sound knowledge of SAP and Microsoft suite of products
• Strong knowledge of inventory, warehousing and logistics operations
• Knowledge of Warehouse Management System
• Strong prior experience