Key Job Accountabilities
1. Contribute to the establishment of the project incident management process including the emergency response, incident reporting, case management, incident investigation, corrective action and record keeping for NFE Onshore Project. Incidents may include: Occupational Health and Safety incidents, Process Safety incidents, Fire or Security incidents, motor venicle incidents and illnesses including communicable diseases. Processes must be in-line with Project, Company Medical policies and procedures as well as relevant regulatory requirements.
2. Ensure that project health and incident management procedures are aligned with Project, Company, QP and RLIC requirements as well as legal requirements of the State of Qatar.
3. Review all Health Management System requirements (health deliverables) for the EPC phase of the project in consideration of regulatory bodies (e.g. MoPH0, Qatar Petroleum (QP) and Project and Company health requirements.
4. Support the EPC Contractors with Case Management and follow-up of injury and illness cases with Medical and Legal authorities.
5. Contribute to periodic incident analysis, developing recommendations and reporting to project management.
6. Developing resource plans (e.g. manpower, IT tools, facilities) for health management and to support with contracts, hiring and procurement process for the same.
7. Support the development of a centralized database to report, record and track all incidents, injuries and illnesses as well as confidential health management aspects including fitness to work requirements and records of all project personnel.
8. Support the establishment of centralized medical facilities for the NFE Onshore Project including tools, equipment, consumables & manpower.
9. Participate in tendering and construction activities for centralized medical facilities as well as medical services contract in line with Project, Company Medical policies and procedures as well as relevant regulatory requirements.
10. Supports the objective of the timely issuance of medical license for the medical facilities by relevant regulatory bodies to ensure smooth on-boarding of EPC Contractors with the support of the Medical Service provider and Company medical.
11. Interface as key focal point between relevant health representatives including regulatory bodies, Company, QP and EPC Contractors.
12. Support the development, implementation and monitoring of communicable disease prevention and mitigation plans (e.g. COVID-19, chicken pox, measles).
13. Review EPC Contractors’ medical candidates to ensure they meet project requirements and secure approval from necessary parties.
14. Ensure that project health objectives are established and implemented in line with Project and Company mission, vision and values.
15. Act as subject matter expert (SME) during incident investigations relevant to injury or illness incidents.
16. Identify potential medical emergencies during the EPC phase of the project and support the preparation of medical emergency response and recovery requirments including resource requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health or Nursing.
• NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) or similar.
• SHES related Lead Auditor certified.
• International Crisis Management certification, with Incident Command System (ICS) certification such as ICS 100, ICS 200 and ICS 300, an added advantage.
• International Trauma Life Support certification.
Knowledge and/or Experience :
• 10 years’ experience in Occupational Health.
• Experience in major Construction Projects with major Oil and Gas companies (including brown-field work).
• Knowledge of the current national and international codes and standards related to medical emergency response.
• Familiar with Incident investigations tools (e.g. Taproot, SCAT)
• Previous experience on Company Projects, working in Ras Laffan Industrial City (RLIC), including sound familiarity with Company, RLIC and Ministry of Public Health requirements
Technical and Business Skills
• Computer literate, familiar working with Microsoft office applications.
• Strong written and spoken English; confident and clear presentation development and delivery.
• Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain a world-class SHES performance.