• Responsible for developing RTL designs/Application Solutions targeted for Microchip FPGA family of devices. Successful candidates should be able to gather requirements, perform Micro Architecture, write RTL to good coding standards, put together functional simulation and validation plans, run functional simulations and validate designs on Microchip or customer hardware
• Work closely with customers and support them through various design stages from Design to Silicon debug of their devices and ultimately be responsible for customers’ success.
• Perform competitive benchmarking analysis and for low power and performance.
• Collaborate with other Engineering teams to escalate and improve product development.
• Work with global field teams and provide training, product demos and offer technical solutions.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering (from a reputed University) with a minimum of 10-12 years’ experience.
• Excellent Knowledge of FPGA design flow and digital logic design concepts.
• Excellent knowledge of filters, transforms, correlators, modulation/demodulation, compression/decompression, error correction and other DSP algorithm designs.
• Excellent knowledge of DSP algorithms/theories in wireless DFE and Baseband, Defense, Imaging and industrial applications.
• Excellent Verilog/VHDL programming/debugging skills.
• Hands-on Experience in Matlab/C, Simulink based design implementation and optimization.
• Excellent understanding of Timing concepts and Timing closure.
• Ability to build FPGA based reference designs including test benches for functional simulation and HW validation.
• Good knowledge of RISCV/ARM embedded processors and peripherals such as SPI, I2C, UART, Ethernet, PCIe and USB.
• Knowledge of any two Interface protocols – JESD/PCIe/DDR/QDR/LPDDR/other.
• Ability to work with various lab equipments such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, bus analyzers etc. for debug/board bring-up.
• Willing to participate and interact with global customers/field to understand and resolve their technical challenges.
• Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.