‘The Contract Specialist may manage more than one engagement or, alternatively, be full-time on a single engagement (depending on the size/complexity of the agreement) or may work within a service center function.
Manage accounts in a manner that maximizes value. Manage contracts, including subcontracts in accordance with company policies, applicable laws and client business requirements. Direct the work activities of junior contract management professionals and other related engagement staff allocated to a business or client unit, acting as a role model for contract management staff and a trusted partner. Be client facing and have a key role in building relationships with client counterparts
• Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
• Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution
• Reviews and manages contractual obligations of the parties and provides continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met
• Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
• Responsible for consultation and escalation to a senior director, of contractual, business or CM positioning issues which are not solved satisfactorily by the project team in a timely manner
• Responsible for implementation of CM processes
• Manages daily workload of assigned Contract Management personnel and project or business personnel assisting with the contract management function
• Acts as the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and Legal, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
• Acts as liaison between Company and clients/vendors
• Responsible for assigned Contract Management, project or business personnel adhering to company policies and procedures
• Responsible for informing the project team of the requirements of the contract and monitoring compliance
• Develops and integrates contract management tools, templates, methods and processes for the engagement
• Achieves a reasonable level of understanding of the Company major business areas (System Integration and/or Outsourcing) in order to communicate effectively with project Senior Executives and provide relevant advice. May provide training to Contract Management personnel.
• May lead small OG sub-teams in country/regions where each OG has less than five assigned Contract Management professionals.
• Actively involved in regional and global Contract Management initiatives.
Will report to both project manager and CM lead for the industry group.
• College degree required; advanced degree in business, contract management, law or engineering preferred.
• Membership in the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and professional certification are a plus
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and accounting and finance principles
· Able to resolve contracts and pricing issues
. Able to understand and comply with guidance and directives from project management or direct function supervisor
· Able to advise and interact with all levels of management
· Able to demonstrate excellent analytical and mathematical skills
· Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills
. Demonstrated proficiency in using spreadsheets and Microsoft Word
. Experience in IT and/ or Management consulting is a plus