We are looking for Assistant Professor / Senior lecturer in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Condition Monitoring for Oman
The Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering at the College of Engineering, National University of Science and Technology invites applications for a faculty position at the Assistant Professor / Senior lecturer level beginning September 2020. The area of interest in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Condition Monitoring. Candidate must have a PhD in science or engineering and at least one degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in Mechanical Engineering.
The candidate will take part in teaching and supervision of students and take an active role in research and development. Interaction with the industry is central in both teaching and research. The applicant must document the relevant teaching and R&D experience. The candidate must also be committed to high-quality teaching for a diverse student body and to assisting our department in enhancing diversity. All classes and other campus activities are conducted only in English. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
Duties and responsibilities:
Primary Responsibilities include not limited to the following:
• Teaching mechanical engineering courses such as Vibration and Condition Monitoring, Reliability and Maintainability Engineering, Maintenance of Instruments and Systems, design application focusing on condition monitoring. etc. Additionally, the candidate should be capable of teaching introductory-level courses and supervise senior design projects.
• Participation in departmental, college and university committees and activities and shall have the willingness to work collaboratively with faculty from different disciplines
• Advising and mentoring students
• Participation in outreach activities, such as continuing education workshops, conferences and seminars
• Involvement in research activities both inside and outside the department