Job Title: Assistant Manager IT
Reports to: Manager IT
Purpose of the Job:
• To support the IT manager and plan, prepare, manage, direct and oversee the overall IT operations and assistance being carried out by the subordinates ensuring timely resolution of all IT issues within the guidelines of the company.
• Facilitates the arranging of hiring interviews and coordinates placement of recruitment advertisements.
• Ensure yearly updates and changes are implemented within the specified time frame.
• Plan for IT strategy in terms of infrastructure, networks and servers in an optimized manner within the budgeted costs.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of major modifications to the department infrastructure.
• Lead the technical support team in assigning and allocating tasks.
• Implement network security and develop full proof systems and procedures to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Oversee the administration and maintenance of IT resources and ensure that company assets are maintained responsibly.
• Oversee troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provide expert support when necessary.
• Performs complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery.
• Build and maintain vendor relationships and manage the purchase of hardware and software products.
• Initiate and implement improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
• Serve as main point of contact on all IT related matters for the organization.
• Identify and provide standards for gathering information for use in trend analysis and report information to company management.
• Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Comply with and help to enforce standard IT Policies and Procedures.
• Respond/act on upper-management direction / any other assignment as indicated by CEO from time to time.
Qualification and experience:
• Master degree in computer science of similar field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Logical and analytical ability
• Ability to technically design and assess databases, servers and networks.
• Awareness of the new updates in the market and how they can add value to the organization.
• Prompt and accurate Ad-hoc support.
• Network connectivity issues in remote areas.