Come join our Customer Success Organization!
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers, places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit:
Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
A key part of the worldwide Customer Success Unit (CSU) is the Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) and Support for Mission Critical (SfMC). SfMC delivers customer success by bringing together specialized skills in partnership with the Areas and Global Sales, Marking and Operations (GSMO).
The worldwide SfMC team helps assure customers of their return on investment when they need it most; during production, real-world operations. The customers’ Microsoft Unified Support base services are extended with support for high priority workloads through SfMC, and cover everything from product break/fix all the way to Cloud scale Azure solution support, emphasis is placed on solution health and proactive intervention – if you see yourself as more fire preventer than fire fighter, this might be the right place for you!
Microsoft Services is looking for an Architect for the Americas SfMC team within WCB. Preferred candidates will have a strong mix of technical experience and strategic business acumen. This role requires both broad and deep technology & process knowledge and the ability to provide solution leadership for the business both internal to Microsoft as well as customers.
The Architect is primarily responsible for providing:
- Support delivery and architecture expertise,
- Architecting and delivering services from our portfolio
(Support for Mission Critical and Complex Deals) discretely and in complementary combinations which are market desirable, maximize customer value and are highly and consistently deliverable.
- Alignment with corporate goals, industry trends, and customer business requirements through pre-sales architecture leadership and solution delivery quality.
The Architect responsibilities also include:
- Contributing to the delivery architecture for our practice
- Providing technical leadership while delivering assigned customer-facing portions of engagements,
- Development of customer executive relationships where appropriate,
- Quality improvement activities
- Business and technical risk management
- Pre-sales and delivery lifecycle, with broad focus on solution architecture, delivery consistency, innovation and technology alignment.
The Architect works closely with the Areas, GSMO, organizations within CSU, WW Sales, and WW Strategy & Offerings, to support the sales strategy and execution plan across the business.
A successful candidate will possess the following experience and skills:
- Proven experience delivering complex application DevOps and cloud modernization projects using Microsoft technologies
- Strong background architecting and delivering solutions related to Enhanced Support Services (Support for Mission Critical) and Complex Deals
- Experience with IT service management and application development frameworks (ITIL / Agile / DevOps)
- Ability to derive and align support requirements for large and complex solution opportunities
- Experience in consulting pre-sales activities
- Passion for driving globally executed Integration projects by working with geographically-disparate teams
- Advise architects and sales professionals across multiple Accounts/Regions
- Drive and facilitate workshops aligning customer vision and enabling technology solutions
Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to engage in both Microsoft internal and customer facing executive and senior-level technology discussions.
- Experience giving presentations to executive audiences and explaining the benefits of the platform and service solution over competitors
- Understanding of complementary support offerings in Microsoft
- Support the sales motion and value proposition, driving Azure Consumption Revenue (ACR) and cloud adoption
- Partner with Global Black Belts to drive solutions leading to successful customer outcomes
- Develop and drive execution of the CSO business and technical strategy in collaboration with appropriate parties
- Drive discovery sessions with customers to define goals, scope and ultimately estimates for services
- Review the conceptual design, costing, and contracting tenets of proposed solutions for consistency, innovation content, and deliverability.
- Effective practice execution, demonstrating executive maturity as part of a high performing team
- Act as project technical leader to key customers as required by the business
- Provide technical oversight to engagements and also provide assistance and oversight for recovery of select critically troubled engagements. Help ensure that required technical and business criteria are met on critical projects.
- Build solution credibility with our customers by helping them to understand our capability, capacity and quality.
- Drive customer satisfaction, ensuring initial customer expectations and conditions of satisfaction are set and met.
- Cross-team orchestration and collaboration, including Account teams, Sales teams, Consulting Services, Operations, and support
- Drive the appropriate Premier Core Billed (PCB), New Work Sold (NWS), Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) and other business metrics and KPI’s as assignments dictate
- proficient use of english
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 10 years in a consulting or services environment
- 3+ years minimum supporting services sales including project envisioning, planning, and scoping of work effort
- demonstrated understanding of business and it strategy and principled approach to broad architectural challenges and opportunities
- ability to move between executive value conversations, high level architectural review/design and tactical work of delivering service
- ability to contribute to sales and people operations in a reliable manner, from account planning and sales engagement, through delivery to customer satisfaction and renewal, with an uncompromising focus on quality and continuous improvement
- strong organizational skills, ability to collaborate and orchestrate across multi-organizational physical and virtual resources and initiatives
- solid understanding of microsoft’s enhanced support services offerings, as well as key solutions and services such as azure, cloud, platform & productivity, business analytics, devices & mobility
- large enterprise deployment experience in complex environments
- in-depth knowledge and understanding of the competitive marketplace for enhanced support solutions
- executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to mesh well with customer decision makers, by being a good listener, a team builder and an articulate advocate of microsoft’s vision and value proposition
travel is a part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. potential for 15-25% travel, including international, will be required of the selected candidate.